Friday 19 September 2014

Hello There.


Albert Einstein once said: 'There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other, as though everything is.' 

Now, I'm not extremely certain about who Mr. Einstein told this to, or whether he even genuinely stated that; but we've got to admit - It's a great one. We grow so complacent with time, and place and life in general... After a while, we cease to explore the beauty out of life, the beauty within us, just beauty in general. I know I did sometime back. Until I made up my mind to start blogging again. Perhaps getting back to our core will aid us. Let's blossom again, or I daresay, let's live. 

Have you ever looked into the mirror and wondered who is staring back at you? Or longed to unite the various parts within you? The nice one, the angry one, the friendly one, the resentful one, the sad one, the bitter one, the calm one, the impatient one, the happy one, the conflicted one – that are all jumbled up behind a public persona that’s buffed and glossed – but tends to crack when you’re generally upset. Let's let that out again. Let's be a child again. 

Hi, I'm Sneha. I guess if you're reading this, you probably know me. And if you don't, well here's your chance. I do guarantee that you won’t be disappointed. Why did I start the blog? I write. Or at least, I try to. For some people, penning down their thoughts is a hobby; for others, it is a work of art; and for a few more, it is a career path. For me, writing is a necessity. We're so awed by this global technological era. I believe writing takes some of that away. It disconnects us from materials and reconnects us, human-to-human. I'm a medical student and I have exams coming up in 2 weeks (Yeah I know we have that all year long!). Yet, I decided upon this today. Why? Probably I felt it was a necessity. To get out, to grow out, to begin something... somewhere... someday. So that somewhere is here, and that someday is today! What will we be talking about? Anything. Everything. Essentially, things worth talking about. And behold, your opinions matter more than mine, so keep those coming. The world needs us: let's start somewhere. Let's do something. We're too important to just play the game. Your voice matters so use it, no matter what. Your opinion matters so tell it, no matter what. I haven’t concretely decided what to talk about. Like a friend told me day-before-yesterday: “Go with the flow.” So I think I’ll be sticking out on that one for a while. Till this becomes something bigger than just us, at least.


What unites us as human beings is an urge for happiness, which at heart is a yearning for union. - Sharon Salzburg



Love all. Always. 
Sneha


P.S. That is a real-time photograph. I’ve used it as the blog caption because I love being in it, that moment, those people and the one who’s captured it. Connection. Ethereality is lightness, delicacy. To show that human beings are, but ephemeral. The picture shows how small we look in front of Mother Nature, even from so far to it. The saying is Shakespearean because I’m a philosopher at heart. So I just made it up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment